In cooperation with
the University of Bergen Library Section for Digital Services (Hemed Al Ruwehy and Øyvind Liland Gjesdal)
With the site linked from below, WAB offers semantic faceted search and browsing of selected metadata from its transcriptions and records of the Wittgenstein Nachlass, as well as metadata contributed by partners. A precursor
of this site was built in cooperation with
the University of Ancona (Christian Morbidoni
, Semedia project) within the framework of the DM2E
project. The site bases on WAB's ongoing work towards a comprehensive ontology
for the Wittgenstein domain. For the overall conception of the ontology WAB has received support from Christian Morbidoni and the European projects Discovery
as well as James M. Fielding
(Univ. of Paris I) and Amélie
(author of "Figurenontologie"). Authors at WAB include
Heinz Wilhelm Krüger
and Deirdre Smith
. For entering the metadata, WAB has received substantial help from Emilia Ciesnik
(all three trainees in the University of Torun POWER program).
Provenance of metadata
- Metadata for Nachlass ("Bemerkung"):
- Bemerkung identifier, Refers to person a.o.: WAB 1990-
- Date: WAB 1990- under consultancy of editorial notes in editions of Wittgenstein's "works" and publications by G.H. von Wright, L. Bazzocchi, S. Edwards-McKie, A. Gibson, St. Hilmy, P. Keicher, J. Klagge, H.W. Krueger, B. McGuinness, R. Monk, M. Nedo, A. Pichler, M. Pilch, R. Rhees, B. Rogers, M. Rosso, J. Rothhaupt, A. Schmidt, J. Schulte, J. Smith, D. Stern, N. Venturinha, P.K. Westergaard, K. van Gennip
- Published in: Alois Pichler (in Wittgenstein: Two Source Catalogues and a Bibliography. Catalogues of the Published Texts and of the Published Diagrams, each Related to its Sources (1993) by Michael A.R. Biggs and Alois Pichler)
- Refers to work: WAB 1990-; Hans Biesenbach with contributions by Joachim Schulte, Wolfgang Kienzler (Wittgenstein's references to Frege), Josef Rothhaupt, and others
- Discusses: Mark Addis (Univ.
of Aarhus and Birmingham City University),
Steen Brock (Univ. of Aarhus),
James Klagge (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University), Alois Pichler
- Metadata for Sraffa diary entries:
Moira De Iaco (University of Salento), on the basis of the digital copies of
Sraffa's diaries released by Trinity College Library, Cambridge, on the SRAFFA site.
Note that some branches, including Discusses
and Has variant
, are currently disabled from browsing due to work in progress.
Go here to the semantic faceted browsing and searching site.